Saturday, February 28, 2009

H.E.A.R.T


As an Army wife, military charities hold a special place in my heart. I am a member of the Etsy Homefront Team. H.E.A.R.T stands for Homefront Etsy Artisans Returning Thanks. For the next few months, the Homefront team is offering items in our etsy stores as charity sales. Many shop owners will offer one or more items where 100% of the proceeds will go to the Fisher House The Fisher House is an organization that works to support military families by providing a home away from home, so that family members can be close to their loved ones during hospitalization for an illness, disease or injury.
Starting on March 1st, buyers can do a search on Etsy for the tag "Homefront Charity" and see a list of participating items. We will make our donations to the Fisher House on July 1st of this year. We hope readers will help us to make our first charity event a successful one for this great cause.

Please visit
The Homefront blog to learn more about this wonderful charity event. And be sure to visit Etsy starting tomorrow to help out military families in need.

Just a note, I have decided that rather than choosing just one or 2 items...I will donate 50% of the proceeds from EVERY sale over the next 4 months to the Fisher House. I feel that this will allow for more choices for folks to help out this great Charity.

Deborah
P.S. I will also be uploading several new jewelry pieces as well as my dragons to my etsy store this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hey ! I'd like to help too ... can I donate a few pieces to put up on your site ? was thinking this would be easier ... i'll send you a few beads and the .20 per to cover the listing. if you have a better idea - let me know !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nichol, that would be wonderful! I'm not worried about the listing fee. Send me what ever you'd like to donate and I will gladly post it on my store. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D