Sunday, January 17, 2010

argh!!!!

Geez another week gone by without a post. My apologies. I do have some new things to show but hoenstly am having trouble finding the energy to take the photographs. The weather has been very blah and yucky lately. And my moods are affected by the weather. We had a bit of sunshine earlier today, but then it was gone and the wet horrible blowing wind came back. Atleast it's not raining today like it was yesterday!.
I went out to do a little shopping yesterday and found some great crafty bargains. Our local BigLots had 2 sizes of Chenille yarn (full skeins!) for super cheap! I bought one in each color they had! They also had some pretty varigated eyelash yarns too. I am planning to use it as fringe on...well who knows! :-)
At Michael's I bought 3 more dollar hutches. (I try to pick up a couple every time I go in!) I also found an EK Success edger punch with tiny holly leaves for $4, a pack of Martha Stewart Embellishments (gold, silver, light bronze and copper glitter, micro tinsel and micro beads) for $5, a pack of 21 miniature Christmas trees in various sizes for just over $3 (I'm planning on picking up some lycopodium this year and having decorated Christmas trees for sale next year!) Also found was Stampendous Fuzzy Fun Flock kits in 5 colors for $2...I bought all 3 they had! I picked up a clearanced pack of Sculpey Bake n Bend, I'm gonna use this for making molds! oooh and I found several packs of mini presents and angels for 80% of regular price!!!! Ya gotta love clearance sales!
At Joann's I bought some ruby red gallery glass, and 28 count Aida cloth for doing some miniature needle work.
Well I need to go do something...not sure what I want to do, but I really need to create!

7 comments:

  1. looking forward to whatever it will be...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh - aren't you the bargain hunter. Need to send you shopping for me ;)
    You gonna join the 'read 100 books in 2010'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deborah!
    I know what you mean about this weather. YUCK.
    At least it's a bit warmer. Hope the sun shines today!?
    Can't wait to see what you do with the gallery glass and Aida cloth. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you got some wonderful bargains. Looking forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a Michael's closer to me. It's the only bad thing about living in a smaller city. I can't wait to see what you are making with the Aida cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well ladies the sun is shining today!!! Got several things on my "I wanna do" list, but not sure which ones I will work on. (will post more on those later.)
    Ban is there an official "thing" for the 100 books in 2010...Cause yes I am planning to try reading 100 books this year. I just finished book 4.
    Kim I am so blessed when it comes to craft stores. I actually have 3 within 20 minutes, as well as a fabric store, and a walmart that still sells fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you certainly got a lot of good bargains, I have been book buying recently its that time of year lol.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D