Saturday, March 13, 2010

Finally finished some minis!!! (picture heavy)

YEAH!!!!! I finally got some mini's done today! I have been working on some Spring and Easter mini's, I've been procrastinating on them and they'd been giving me trouble...but I finally got them to co-operate with me! So without further ado, my most recent minis!
These are the Easter Baskets that I showed off empty the other day. I have filled them with Chocolate eggs, giant chocolate bunnies, twisty marshmallow sticks and a big pile of jelly beans! Orah has decided that the purple grass one is HERS, she figures it will show up better than one with gold grass! Up next is a close up of my jelly beans...The container they are in is barely an inch around. Each bean is um, well about the size of the head of a straight pin. I used translucent clay colored with alcohol inks. I also used my Sharpie and Bic Mark-it permanent markers to add color to the clay too. BTW Don't try to color on the clay, simply roll the tip of the marker across the clay. I got some really wonderfully strong colors this way! This next picture shows of the little Monster cookies I made! I LOVE these little guys. The bakery at our grocery store makes them in full size. It's a pair of sugar cookie filled with loads of buttercream frosting topped with more frosting for eyes and m&m's or jelly beans for pupils. My boys love them, so I thought 'how fun would it be to make them in mini?!?!?' I think they turned out wonderful.Next up is a pair of teapots I made for a swap. The pink one was painted and the red and white one has slices of canes embedded in it. Both of them have a sparkly coating on them.
I had fun making these little teapots and will most likely be making more. I am thinking about finding some uniquely shaped beads and molding them to make more intersting shaped pots. Next up are some potted daffodils I made. The pots are terra cotta which I bought, but I made the flowers and leaves. I used a cardstock which interstingly when i tried to shape it with my ball stylus, it actually seperated into 2 finer layers. This actually worked to my advantage as the thinner paper was much more to my liking. I formed the cups of the daffs by moistening the paper and then pressing it into a block of florists foam and left it there to dry. The leaves are made from painted florists tape glued over thin wires. I need to try and find a slightly smaller 6 pointed flower or star punch for them to be more 'right', but for now I am quite happy with them. Last but not least, Orah has filled a big bowl with hard candy sticks. There are orange ones, strawberry ones and tropical fruit ones. She has asked me to make her loads more. She has decided to open a candy shop! So know I just need to wait for her to decide whether she want's just a simple little shop or if she wants to go elaborate. (I think I am hoping I can nudge her towards the cozy little shop!)

9 comments:

  1. You've been a very busy Bunny (pardon the Pun) Everything looks wonderful. Love those Jelly Beans and Monster Cookies..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Deborah! You HAVE been busy! LOVE the little teapots and the jelly beans are AWESOME! Can't wait to see your candy shop!

    Did I mention I LOVE your jelly beans?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those jelly beans and choc bunnies, very nice work !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you have been making a lot of great minis!

    The jelly beans are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those jelly beans are amazing !!! I'd go crazy making that many of them - did your eyes cross ?!? hee hee.
    and I don't remember ... did you make Orah?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone...it feels soooo good to be creating again. I love making the jelly beans, the longest part of the process is cutting the thin log of clay into the tiny pieces needed. The rolling is super quick and easy, but monotonous. But I will continue to make jelly beans, as I made a marble size batch of each color, and barely used a pea-sized piece for al the jelly beans I made. I an thinking I will bake each color seperately this time to allow for custom mixes in the future.
    Ban I simply dressed Orah, she was purchased from the late Joy Parker of Swallowhill Miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those jelly beans are amazing! Wow- great job!! You have been really busy- I love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cookies, jelly beans and candy sticks. You did a great job, but it's hard to see the actual scale, as the doll and bowls etc. are all the correct scale to match. What fun!!! Hugs and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I did a really good job if you can't tell just how big something really is! =D The candy sticks are about 1/2 an inch long and the monster cookies will sit on the eraser of a pencil quite nicely. And the jelly beans...well they are just itsy bitsy! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D