Friday, September 23, 2011

Just an update...


Hi friends! We are still in GA for the moment. As of today the movers are due in on Wedsnesday.
This past Tuesday I had two nerve tests done, those were very intriguing. In the 1st test the Physical Therapist who administered it attached electrodes (I assume) to various spot on my legs and basically shocked them to determine how much my nerves were affected. The next test was similar, but tiny pins were inserted into my legs at various points to again assess the amount of nerve damage. (that test was NOT fun at all!!!!) And well the results weren't good. The PT was expecting to find some nerve damage, but was surprised to find as much as he did! He said you expecct to find that amount in someone twice my age or older. :-( Which I must say surprised me, as that morning I got out of bed and manged to come downstairs with no sharp pain! Turns out that the most likely reason for that is the disc in my spine most likely herniated out so far as to no long be pressing against the nerves. So it was on to have an MRI done yesterday. Yet another very interesting test. The results of the MRI confirmed what the PT suggested on Tuesday. So at this point our future is up in the air as we wait for me to go back to the doctors' on Tuesday. When I talked to him earlier this week, it sounded very much like surgery will be in my future. The crazy thing is we have no clue as to where this will take place. So life is pretty crazy, chaotic and stressful right now. So if you all could send some prayers, positive thoughts, good energies or whatever you believe our way I'd truly appreciate it. I'm not worried about the surgery, but the unsettled elements, well have me unsettled! lol

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your back problem. Hope you feel better soon! I will keep you in my prayers.
    Hugs,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry sweetie. We'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D