Sunday, October 20, 2013

And another month has just flown by!

Is it just me or is it crazy to think that we are more than half way through October already!!!  I've been so very busy with creating things for my shop as well as working on custom orders that I haven't had much time for anything else. earlier this month Wilde Imagination (the company that makes Ellowyne Wilde and friends) released their upcoming dolls email.  They are putting out another resin Ellowyne next month!  
I LOVE my Abbey... she has a great face, but well compared to how well Lena (My Fairyland BJD) poses, I tend to play with Lena more and Abbey gets left on the shelf. :-( (Much to her annoyance!)  So when I saw that the resin version has her wonderful looks albeit a bit paler, but all of the joints and posing ability of Lena I just knew I had to have her!  So I went nuts getting stuff made and listed in my shop.  The resin version is not cheap (http://www.wildeimagination.com/ellowyne-wilde/shop/weeping-violets-resin ) So I knew it was going to take a lot to get me there.  But I found someone who wanted her outfit only and we were going to split the order.  I was well on my way to having the cost when my husband got a speeding ticket... in a construction zone!  UGH.  I know he didn't do it intentionally, but well it kind of blew my plans.  However, I know that the resin girls often show up on ebay so I'm not going to stress over it.  Thankfully the guy that wanted the dress had also had a change of heart.  So  it all worked out.
But in the meantime I'm still creating lots of goodies for the shop! 
 I started out making Halloween goodies!  I found the perfect sized pails at Michael's in both pumpkins and cauldrons.  Then I created 2 different types of cupcakes. I made a vanilla cupcake in an orange liner frosted with rich chocolate icing and topped with a candy pumpkin!  The 2nd cupcake is an orange cake, in a striped liner with mounds of vanilla buttercream and decorated with a candy corn.
I also made Autumn Apples!  Bright green Granny Smith apples dunked in luscious caramel, and crisp Red Delicious apples coated in a layer of cinnamon candy!
 The Pumpkin pails can be found here, and the Cauldrons here. Both sets include a choice of apple and cupcake as well as 15 pieces of assorted fun sized candies (that I created by scanning REAL candy boxes and wrappers!), an orange lollipop, an orange cream sandwich cookie and a bag each of candy corn and gummi bears!

It's quite a Trick or Treat haul! =D
Here is Lena with some of the treats from the basket.

I enjoy creating thing for Halloween, but am ready to move on to Christmas.  I still have a few ideas for Halloween, but they most likely won't make it to the shop until next year... or in Monster High form.

I have started on my Christmas projects, but will save those to post tomorrow!

Have a great day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D