Monday, January 24, 2011

Sheesh... (very wordy)

Time sure does fly. I had a rather busy weekend, with 3 birthday parties. They started on Saturday with a 9:30am party at Chuck E Cheese's. Although getting up that early was a pain (of course the fact that I couldn't sleep the night before and didn't go to bed until 4:45 didn't help any) BUT with a nice tall caramel latte from the bookstore next door, and lots of good friends the CEC party went well and the boys had a blast. Left there with just enough time to come home, wrap the 2nd present and take the youngest one back out. More good friends and a fun time was had by all. My workout buddy invited me and some other friends out for dinner and drinks to celebrate her birthday. Her wonderful husband played Designated Driver, so the 4 of us had a wonderful time! I made it home around 12:15 relatively sober. Stayed up talking to my husband online for about a hour before he laughingly told me to take my drunk butt to bed! (I am a stickler about typos, they drive me nuts. But Saturday night I just couldn't make myself care enough to correct them. In my head I KNEW they were wrong I just didn't care. lol) I am not normally a drinker, heck it's been months since I had a drink, probably when Donnie was home on R&R in July at his family reunion. But I had a grand time letting loose for a little bit. Thankfully I woke up Sunday morning in a wonderful mood with no hangover. =D About 2pm I picked up my 'house cleaner'. (my friends teen daughter comes and does some basic cleaning for me every 2 weeks) By the time I got back it was almost time to take Bradley to the final party of the weekend. Another fun party and fun time.

There I met an amazing photographer, that I will be having take loads of pics here soon. She does kids and family pics, weddings, babies, couples and boudoir pics. I've decided to have a shoot done for Donnie for Valentine's day!

Let's see on the creative front...um nothing going on really. I finally got the spray paint I need for the barbie furniture and appliances, but it's been too cold to work on them. I have a commission that I will be starting this week for a set of Winnie the Pooh characters for a 1/12th scale toy shop. But other than that I need to list some more of my Valentine's Day 1/6th scale miniatures in my etsy shop. Maybe tonight.

Well that's it in a nutshell. Y'all take care!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy! Can't wait to see your Winnie the Pooh characters. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy gal!! I don't drink much either, so when you do drink- it hits ya! Are you having a family shot done for Valentines or are you having the photographer take some pics of product?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi, I'll be working on the Winnie the Pooh characters this week, so hopefully by this weekend of early next week I'll have them finished.

    Actually Kim this shoot will be of the 'private' nature just for my husbands eyes. ;-)

    BUT I am thinking about hiring her to photograph his homecoming, as well as doing family photos after he gets home too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D