Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday Weigh In


Before the holidays I was doing really good hitting the gym 4 days a week. Then with the boys out of school for the holidays and then sick kiddos off and on for the last 2 weeks, today was the first day I got back into the gym in almost a month. And boy do I feel it. BUT it feels good! Hubby is due home from the Middle East sometime in April, soooo it's time for me to get my ass in gear. I have decided to join Marsha over at Sassy Mini Dolls for her Wednesday Weigh In. So I am startinf fresh today and going to put it all out there. I think this is the heaviest I've ever been and I am trying to get rid of it. I know it's not going to just melt away, and it's going to take work. I didn't get fat over night and it's going to take time for it to come off. I weighed myself today at the gym and at 255 I am NOT happy with the numbers which just convinces me even more to work harder at getting it off. More motivation is of course Donnie coming home. I would like to be able to find something really pretty to wear when he comes home but WILL be buying it in a smaller size!!!

Today at the gym we did 30 minutes on the treadmill...I did 8-10 of them at a incline of 4 and spent my time at between 3.3 & 3.5mph. I averaged a 17.5 minute mile. After that we did 5 sets up and down the stairs...I didn't count, but I think there are atleast 20. (those about killed me but I did them!) Then we moved on to the strength training part of our workout. Each day we work a different area of our body. Today we decided to do Chest. So we did 3 sets of Incline, Decline and Flat bench presses. Very little weight, but it felt good. The Decline ones always make me feel like I'm going to slip of the bench! LOL After that we did 3 sets each on several of the Chest machines. (sorry I can't remember what they were) It was definitely a workout but like I said I feel really good!

Thanks so much to Carrie and Rhonda, my workout buddies! I really appreciate you gals!!!

Well I gotta scoot...gotta hop in the shower and then run to the grocery store. Take care!

6 comments:

  1. good for you Deborah! I am doing weight watchers again and just starting out on strength training also- I have gotten so weak and I hate it! I look forward to hearing how you are doing- keep up the good work ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo-hoo, you go girl!!! I'm alternating (as you read on my blog tee hee) the treadmill and core building. I just finished 30 minutes on the tread. I selected the 3.4 with a 2.5 incline max workout. I was hoping to be higher than the 3.4 by now by that cold knocked me on my butt!

    Thank you for weighing-in! See ya next week! Keep up the good work, your hubby will be so surprised when he sees the new you!!!!

    xxoo
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about hating feeling weak. Strength WILL come Kim, just keep at it. Good for you for starting WW again. How about this, let's keep each other motivated! I will be posting every Wednesday (atleast) on how things are going. Just remember that these things take time and muscle weighs MORE than fat!!!!
    Keep up the good work too! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha, it's amazing how much colds can set us back! I'm really proud of you, you're doing great! Thanks for starting the weigh in...hopefully this will help me stay on track!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Deborah! That's awesome...I'm right there with ya..Billy Blanks is da bomb! I found a pretty cool app on my smart phone (that also has a corresponding website) to help me monitor my progress and I thought I'd pass it along. www.myfitnesspal.com You can track your calories in and how much you burn daily to make sure you are eating enough calories! No, I'm not affiliated with the site..just thought it was a pretty neat tool. Good luck to you!! I can't think of a better motivator than being sexy for your hubby. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement Stephiejo!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D