Thursday, August 30, 2012

So far my plan seems to be working.

For the most part anyways.  Wednesday wasn't a great day as I slept really poorly Tuesday night and actually ended up over-sleeping so my youngest missed the bus. *sigh*  Needless to say Wednesday didn't exactly start out well.  However when I got home, (after a short nap) I got right down to work and started on a shirt.  I had plans to make a baby-doll style top with a band over the breasts and flowy pieces covering the tummy and hips.  I've done pieces like this before and they usually work well.  I say usually because this one gave me no end of trouble! I think I reworked the piece a dozen times before I finally decided to take it in a whole different directions.  I ended up making a toga style top with a single gathered shoulder.  I ended up creating a band for it that wrapped around the tummy.  Hmm, now that I think about it I basically flipped my original design upside down! LOL

Today was a better day as I slept really well and got started right around 10:30 (after a quick shower).  Today I finished 2 tops and have just the snaps to add on a third.  I'm not moving as quickly as I would like to on them, but considering the size as well as the amount of not only machine sewing but hand sewing PLUS most of the patterns need fiddled with to make them fit right.  I guess 3 pieces a day isn't too bad!

  I don't have any pictures of the tops I made, but I will try to update tomorrow with some! :-)  Instead I'll leave you with a pic of the lovely roses my husband brought home for me..."Just because!" 


1 comment:

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D