Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day

So here in the States we celebrate our work force with Labor Day.  I will be honest, I'm not entirely sure what the original meaning behind it was but these day's it's a day off from work and school and the unofficial end to summer.

We all just kind of kicked back and relaxed.  Hubby and I went to a local farmers market on Saturday and had a lovely time.  We brought home lots of gorgeous fresh veggies, some artisan cheese as well as a good bit of local raw honey.  Middle son and I got our butts handed to us this past spring by the local pollen.  It's so different from what we were used to down in GA!  So I have decided that he and I will start a local honey regimen to hopefully get us used to the pollen by this next spring.


After that I came home and finished off a commission for table gifts for an up coming Fashion Doll convention.  I am not a fan of sculpting whole strawberries (or doing canes for sliced ones), as they never seem to come out right.  Of course that was what my customer decided she wanted.  So I pressed onwards and made myself make them.  While I am not entirely happy with the way the strawberries turned out I think these personal tropical cheesecakes turned out adorable.


Each tiny cheesecake has a graham cracker crust, a layer of rich creamy cheesecake, a spilling of pineapple jelly then topped with a slice of sweet, tart pineapple and a whole ripe strawberry!

The rest of her order consisted of goblets of iced tea with lemon.

It truly amazes me to think that some of my creations will be going home with some folks at a major doll convention! =D


After finishing the cheesecakes, I decided to take a break from clay and get back to my fabric.  I found a pattern online for a shrug.  The pattern was actually designed to be enlarge to fit a real person, but I ended up shrinking it down and altering the shape a bit to suit the Monster High ghouls.  So the last 2 days have been spent playing around with fabric and designs for that pattern as well as a serendipitous 'pattern' for a halter top that was the result of trimming out the shrug. =D  Gotta love happy accident!

After I hit the post office and Walmart tomorrow, I plan on trying to get as many pieces of the new clothing I have sewn, photographed so that I can list a piece or three every day.  I'd like to get everything listed in my shop by this coming weekend.

Hope you all have had a good week. Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D