Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

To all my American friends home and abroad, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. (To all my friends who don't celebrate, have a wonderful Thursday! =D)

Thanksgiving will be a simple affair at my house today since my husband is overseas. I don't cook a turkey and all the trimmings for just me and the boys. So on the years that Donnie is away the boys and I nosh on a snack food/appetizer buffet. This year it's pizza spread (cream cheese topped with tomato sauce and pepperoni) eaten with crackers. Something we affectionately call Bacon Crackers. (thank you Lisa!!!) These are Club crackers sprinkled with parmesan cheese and topped with about a 1/3rd of a slice of bacon. They get cooked to crisp up the bacon and our family likes them chilled afterwards. I am making a small veggie tray and some spiced mixed nuts too. So we will just nibble away today.

My sister is coming over later to spend the day playing on the Wii with us. Then tomorrow she and I are hitting the shops for Black Friday. Everyone take care and have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE U GUYS SO MUCH AND MISS U !! WISH DONNIE WAS HOME W/YOU GUYS.. KEEPING YOU ALL IN PRAYER AS ALWAYS.. HAVE A GREAT TURKEY DAY..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your snacks sound soooo good. Thanks for sharing new (to me) snack ideas.

    Wish you all the best of health and safety and peace - soon. Well, we can wish and hope for it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D