Sunday, November 4, 2012

Almost forgot...

That I had more things to share yesterday!  But hey it's still Saturday so I'm good, right? :-)   Well crap, I wasn't able to finish this post Saturday night, and here it is 8:30 Sunday already! Sorry. :-(

I have been working on several pieces for a trade for um... I'm ashamed to say I'm not even sure how long...but I am finally in the home stretch.  The gal I'm trading with has 3 Monster High dolls, that will basically complete my collection!  (Well until the 2 I want from the 2013 releases come out.)  In exchange I am making her 3 toga style sheath dresses as well as trading a Ken doll and some Barbie accessories.  I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to get these dresses finished as they really aren't that dificult, other than poor time management skills on my part.   I'm not proud of that, but well, sadly it is what it is.  :-(

 This afternoon I finished the 2nd of the 3. I haven't had a chance to photograph that one yet,  Pics coming in a minute! =D But it is a Barbie version of THIS DRESS.  I also used a similar purple crinkled ribbon to create this piece.

I love how the purple looks and I will definitely be making one of these in Monster High size!  The dress is made with wire edged ribbon. I took this concept: HERE and used strips of ribbon in it's place.  By using ribbon this dress goes together really quickly and easily and honestly by varying the width of ribbon or adding additional strips you could probably make this dress for dolls from 6" to well any size really! 
I decided to add some topaz Swarovski flat back crystal 'buttons' to this one to accent the gold ribbon edging.  I will admit after spending the last year sewing primarily for the Monster High gang, that Barbie seems...well almost Rubenesque or plump! O_O  Never in a million years did I imagine I'd say that!  But well compared to the MH girls, she is!  I really enjoyed sewing these dresses and plan to do more Barbie/Fashion Doll pieces next year.

I am also committing myself to a 'work' schedule...from now on after 9:30 am weekdays...if you see me online, please feel free to ask me why I'm not at Work! I get so easily distracted by talking with friends online (which don't get me wrong I LOVE), playing games, reading blogs or gosh don't get me started on browsing Pinterest!  Which btw you can find my boards HERE

So I am going to turn off my computer each morning and crank up the tunes and either sew or sculpt my little heart out!  I am also going to alternate between sewing and sculpting to help build my stock back up.  Sewing days will be either Barbie or Monster High, or hopefully some of both.  And on the other days I will work on polymer clay foods, or home decor items like lamps, holiday decorations as well as fully decorated Christmas trees.

 And here we have the green version!  This one has a silver faceted 'button' and a black velvet belt.

I went in to work with my husband today, honestly because I needed to get out of the house.  Spent about 20 minutes in line at the one local gas station that actually had gas. Then headed over to Kmart to pick up a few Christmas items.  While perusing their Christmas decor I found 2 rolls of the crinkle ribbon I used in both of these dresses, only in ice blue and white...I wanted them both, but at the moment couldn't warrant the $5 a spool. Hopefully I can get them in 2 weeks!


The other thing I did late last week was make a few more Hot Chocolates for both a couple custom orders as well as just to have available.  They were really popular last winter, so I hope they will be again this year!

I've created (so far) 3 different 'flavored' candy sticks... the 1st and 3rd mugs have orange cream, the 2nd is wintergreen, and the 4th is peppermint.  Each mug is created from a custom colored resin and topped with either a candy stick and whipped cream, mini marshmellows or whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

The smaller mugs in the front can be found in my shop HERE  and the larger ones HERE.

3 comments:

  1. I love both dresses Deborah-and I'm excited to look at the blog you linked to later this afternoon when I have more time. You have been a busy gal :) I haven't been keeping up with blogs very well so I am glad to see you posting because I thought you were close to the area of the storm. I feel so horrible for all those still without power. Hope you have a creative week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes James...my shop can be found at www.DLSarmywife.etsy.com I don't have any of those dresses listed right now, but if you send me a message regarding what color you'd like and whether it's for Barbie or Monster High we can start a custom order! For Monster High the dress with belt runs $6, For Barbie it starts at $8 and will go a little higher depending on the embellishments you choose. I am also hoping to add a pale blue and a white crinkle ribbon to my stash this weekend!
    I look forward to being able to work with you in the future!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D