Friday, May 13, 2011

Eeeep! Way behind! (long winded! lol)

Ugh, I'm rather behind on just about everything...this week has been an emotional roller coaster. It started Monday as I was settling in to really kick tush on finishing up the dollhouse. Middle of the afternoon I get a call frmo my sister asking me to come take her to the ER. Her blood pressure wa sky high and her OB nurse (she's 29 weeks) told her she needed to come straight in. So I spent about 6 hours at the hospital with her, long story short she was admitted for what was supposed to be 48 hours of bed rest. Well with great joy (and loads of panic, stress, fear and prayers) Sophia Jo was delivered via c-section yesterday at 12:37pm. She was one day shy of 30 weeks and weighed 2lbs 5oz, and was 15 1/4 inches long. Amazingly my gorgeous niece is currently only on oxygen! Both mother and baby girl are doing wonderfully. My sister will get to come home Sunday or Monday. Sophia will spend the next few months in the NICU, but she's a strong feisty little gal! =D
Needless to say I spent 2/3rds of the past week at the hospital with my sister. I am blessed to have wonderful caring friends who sent prayers, thoughts and well wishes for the pair. The owner of the dollhouse happens to be one such person and she told me to not worry about the house and concentrate on my sister. Now that the initial 'drama' has past I am back to work full tilt. In the hours while I was at home and couldn't sleep I have managed to paint the kitchen island, fridge, claw-footed tub, and toilet. I also finished painting the vanity and reupholstered and painted the 2nd bedroom chair. I ended up buying a wardrobe for the more tomboy-ish twin and that is nearly finished as well. It rained like crazy here this afternoon, but hopefully I'll get some sun tomorrow so I can take pictures of the finished pieces. (if not you'll just have to make do with my chaotic messy desk as a backdrop. lol)

On the nail front I purchased a set of Sally Hansen Nail Prisms polishes off ebay. It's a set of 12 polishes for $45 including shipping which works out to $3 a bottle, which to me is a great deal. I was under the impression that this line was all holographic. Well sadly it's not, it seems that half the line is what are called duo-chromes. (This means 2 toned basically. It's one color when you look at it from one direction and another color when viewed from a different direction) So it was a bit of a let down, but they are all still gorgeous colors. My current mani is the Blush Diamond which is a holo. It's a rich deep pink with a fabulous holographic shimmer when viewed in the sunlight.

I have loads more to update, but I've droned on long enough. Thanks for reading along and I'll be back tomorrow! =D

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! So glad to hear that Mommy and baby are doing fine!! What a special moment!

    Can't wait to see what you've got done so far on the barbie house!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D