Sunday, May 15, 2011

MOTW and dollhouse update




Friday night I had to take my oldest out to get something nice to wear. His girlfriends' parents were renewing their vows on Saturday so off we went. I found him a whole outfit for $30 (pants, shirt, socks and shoes!!!!) Of course this was after I used the $35 of customer rewards cash I had, but hey it was free money! While there I of course had to check out the cosmetics department. I have decided that I am really going to try to keep any nailpolish purchases to under $3 a bottle. I have a hard time justifying spending more than that on a bottle of polish. My find Friday night was Wet n Wilds' Gray's Anatomy. In the bottle this color is a gorgeous oilslick/peacock gray. (I would like to say that I am a sucker for peacocks!!!) Actually on the nail this one was a bit of a let down. :-( First of all it's really sheer. I have 3 coats on my nails and there is still a good bit of VNL. (visible nail line) That's not that big of a deal as the polish is very thin, and dries fast so adding a couple more layers wouldn't have been to bad. I think in the future I will use this as a layering polish over different dark colors. It does have an awesome shimmer to it and as you can hopefully see in the pics it looks like anything from a dark silver almost pewter color to purple or green depending on the light. While I'm not totally in love with it, for less than $2, I'm glad I bought it!

On the dollhouse front I have finished several pieces: the kitchen island is so far my favorite piece. I have also completed the fridge, claw-foot tub, commode, 2 bedroom chairs, and the vanity. You can find pics of them on my Flickr page here. Currently in process are the wardrobe (which just needs the trim done),a pair of ottomans, the bathroom sink which still needs painted and assembled, the 2 poster beds which need painted and linens made, and the 2nd loveseat.

There will be other pieces as well but to be honest at the moment I'm still not sure what those will be....oooooh yeah the dining room! lol I will be working on this for the rest of the week rather diligently so expect to see updates all week long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D