Thursday, January 12, 2012

Um wow 2 months... (horridly wordy, sorry)

Geesh, it's been 2 months since my last blog post. And gosh how my life has changed! If we're friends on Facebook, you already know most of this so feel free to skip ahead! ;-)

oooh Hey you're still reading, cool! My last post was the 14th of November, we ended up leaving Georgia on the 10th of December. After a harrow ordeal with my husband trying to clear Post(get all his military stuff taken care of) and me trying to get our house in move-out condition nearly completely by myself, we finally made it. Although it would not have been possible without some amazing awesome dear friends! We left Saturday morning and headed to Kentucky. We stayed overnight at the campground where Hubby's family reunions take place. OMG it got so cold that we ended up shutting off the water so the hoses wouldn't freeze!!! (I totally understand the need to insulated or heated hoses now! Heck even with the water off the next morning as I was attempting to empty the sewer drain,(thankfully it was 99% sink water) the house was so cold and brittle it BROKE!

Sunday morning we headed on up the road to head to my Mom's in Ohio. They have several acres and graciously are letting us store our camper there for the winter. It was wonderful to get to visit with my Mom, Step-dad, brother and sister for a couple days. My mom has been in poor health lately and had only just recently come home from having a partial hip replacement done. My Father-in-Law came down to visit us that night and we had a lovely dinner.

Monday was spent running around trying to find everyone 'real' winter coats and such, as well as renting a Uhaul and having to buy another hitch since the ball on ours was much to large. It was a busy day, but after spending a couple hours in the cold we had everything (or atleast what we thought was everything! lol) that we wanted to bring with us to New York.

Tuesday morning we set off on the last leg of our journey. It was a wonderful trip, actually. Pennsylvania is gorgeous as is the portion of New York we drove through. The last hour was rather nerve wracking though as we never realized that the closer you get to the east coast the earlier the sun sets!!! That day coming in it was pitch black by 4:30 in the afternoon!!! OMG!!! To make matters worse this area is very mountainous and having never driven these roads in the daylight, we pretty much had ourselves convinced that there were sheer cliffs and steep drop offs on both sides of the road! (While there are definitely those things here, the road we were on was actually very nice, after we saw it in the daytime! lol) But we made it to our hotel by 5 and settled in.

We ended up being in the hotel for about 5 days, and nobody killed any body! We didn't drive each other crazy and the dog and the cat didn't freak out...too much. We got into our house here at West Point, NY on the 19th and started settling in. Our household goods that had been in storage since the end of September were schedule to be delivered on the 23rd of December. Sadly that didn't almost did, but the truck driver drove 90 minutes from their base to our home only to realize he'd left his ID at home! If you know anything about military installations you know that getting onto one without ID is all of our belongings were little sitting less than a quarter mile from our home! Sadly after making several attempts to find a way for them to either get a copy of the ID here, or finding a rental truck, the shipping company was forced to call their truck back and redeliver our stuff Christmas Eve morning.

Thankfully they showed up bright and early Saturday morning (with a NEW driver) and began to unload our goods. Sadly my dryer was badly mangled somewhere between Georgia and New York, so I am dealing with claims to try and get it replaced. And believe it or not I was actually looking forward to being able to do laundry. But other than a small dent in the control panel of the washer and the mangled control panel of the dryer, all the rest of our goods came through perfectly! It's taken me almost 3 weeks but I have nearly all of the boxes emptied and everything put away. The last things I need to do are the boxes in the Master Bedroom (todays chore) and a few more in my studio, doing slowly as I don't have nearly the storage space I used to, so I'm having to be creative!

On the doll front I have reopened my Etsy shop and happily made a sale within the first 30 minutes! I now have a permanent set up for taking pictures of my product so once I have it the way I want it I can start photographing items as soon as they are finished. Which means hopefully I can get them listed and up for sale right away as well. I have also added to my collection by 5 dolls. I found a LIV Sophie and red-haired wig on clearance for $8 for both, a Jake by LIV for $7, a Gil Webber from Monster High for $12 and oh my gosh my new faves Sweet 1600 Draculaura and Clawd Wolf also from the Monster High line. These are not only amazing to look at, their detailing is fabulous, but I WON them! Which makes them even better! =D Shuga Shug had a giveaway for them over on her (totally awesome BTW) blog...I honestly didn't think i had a chance or winning, but said what the heck, I'll enter anyways. So imagine my total shock and surprise when I got her email telling me I had won! I about fell out of my chair. I received them less than a week later and am totally in love! My hubby even thinks they are pretty neat.

I have decided that while I still intend to create for all three equally I am going to focus my collecting on just the MH figs, they are just so unique and different. My plan though is to only collect one of each character though. (although if I find the various heads out there I am not opposed to picking them up to be able to change looks without buying a TON of dolls.

So that about catches up my life and I will really try to post way more often! I miss all my pals! Have a wonderful long weekend if you've got one, if not, well take heart tomorrow is FRIDAY! =D


  1. Thanks for the update! Been thinking about you. :D
    Hope you find a way to stay warm and cozy up there in NY. It's going down to 29 here in Alabama tonite. Brrrrr...
    Have fun unpacking and settling in!

  2. I stay INSIDE as much as possible Kathi! ;-) brrrr indeed YOU make sure YOU stay nice and warm!

  3. You have had quite a bit going on and so glad to hear you are all settled. :)

    I'm originally from PA and I think it is one of the most beautiful states and I've been to many. :)

    Mountain road driving can be quite a challenge, lol, now try it in the snow. ;)

    Yes, it does get dark around 4:30, it is a bummer to feel the day has slipped by so quickly.

    Your new dolls look like such fun. I'm happy for you sweetie. :)


Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D