Saturday, February 11, 2017

Keeping on Track


I am a horribly unorganized person.  My dear friend April over at April's Sea of Dollie Sweetness can  tell you how often I lose things that were literally sitting on my desk! So while working on these Subscription Boxes for March, I am going back to something that has worked for me in the past. LISTS!

On today's agenda was to finish the last 3 pillows for the Reviewer boxes, cast (and finish) some resin pieces, and create a Word doc for some books that were generously donated to me by an author who happens to collect BJDs!


Of course I also wanted to complete 6 sets of her 3 book series. This pic doesn't show it, but I completed everything on my list today! :-) I was very pleased with myself.  Although it wasn't without any hiccups.

 While in the end they turned out fine, I have been having trouble with my resin castings.  I have poured probably hundreds of ounces of resin over the years, but never dealt with sticky resin before! Every batch I have poured in the last few days has produced several pieces that were tacky even after 24 hours.  The weather has been lovely, and the resin was mixed in the proper ratios so I wasn't sure what the issue was.  However upon doing some research, I think I discovered that the Dixie cups I was using (which are lined with wax) was in some way reacting with the resin.  It was weird that not all of the pieces ended up tacky, but whatever. lol I was able to counteract the tackiness by using pearl powder on some before sealing it with either clear gloss paint sealer or clear nail polish. Needless to say I'll be picking up some plastic cups tomorrow to mix my resin in!

This water bottle turned out fabulous!  I am looking forward to casting many more of these. They will also be included in an upcoming Subscription Box called Purse-u-ing Greatness!



Next up on my list was the books.  A fellow BJD collector Diana Wicker  who is also an author (be sure to click her name to visit her website!) has generously allowed me to use her cover art in making the books for the Snuggled on the Sofa box. I originally planned to include just a single book, But her series looks too good not to include all three! =D


So YAY!  My list making worked today, hopefully it will work tomorrow as well.

In the morning before I do any work I need to take the dog out for a paw-dicure ;-) and then the boys to get their hair cuts.
But once I get home it's nose to the grindstone and fingers to the clay!
Hopefully tomorrow I will have loads to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D