On today's agenda was to finish the last 3 pillows for the Reviewer boxes, cast (and finish) some resin pieces, and create a Word doc for some books that were generously donated to me by an author who happens to collect BJDs!
Of course I also wanted to complete 6 sets of her 3 book series. This pic doesn't show it, but I completed everything on my list today! :-) I was very pleased with myself. Although it wasn't without any hiccups.
While in the end they turned out fine, I have been having trouble with my resin castings. I have poured probably hundreds of ounces of resin over the years, but never dealt with sticky resin before! Every batch I have poured in the last few days has produced several pieces that were tacky even after 24 hours. The weather has been lovely, and the resin was mixed in the proper ratios so I wasn't sure what the issue was. However upon doing some research, I think I discovered that the Dixie cups I was using (which are lined with wax) was in some way reacting with the resin. It was weird that not all of the pieces ended up tacky, but whatever. lol I was able to counteract the tackiness by using pearl powder on some before sealing it with either clear gloss paint sealer or clear nail polish. Needless to say I'll be picking up some plastic cups tomorrow to mix my resin in!
This water bottle turned out fabulous! I am looking forward to casting many more of these. They will also be included in an upcoming Subscription Box called Purse-u-ing Greatness!
So YAY! My list making worked today, hopefully it will work tomorrow as well.
In the morning before I do any work I need to take the dog out for a paw-dicure ;-) and then the boys to get their hair cuts.
But once I get home it's nose to the grindstone and fingers to the clay!
Hopefully tomorrow I will have loads to share with you!