Friday, July 15, 2011

Argh, time slipped away AGAIN!!!

*sigh* time slipping away seems to be a recurring theme for me, and not just in blogland either. We've been home from our Reunion vacation trip for almost 3 weeks, yet I haven't finished blogging about it. My husband has been home from his last deployment to Iraq for about 3 and a half months and he's off again. (Thankfully this is only a 6 week stint for schooling here stateside, but still...) And heck my oldest son turns 17 next week! Where oh where has the time gone???? I would like to say I will try to be a more consistent blogger in the future but I really try not to lie and that MOST definitely would be a lie! Our lives are going to be turned upside down in just a few short weeks. As a recruiter we will be headed for parts unknown (well unknown at the moment anyways) We will get our assignment while Donnie is at school, but we already know that wherever we are headed we are due to report in October! One one hand October seems so far away, but knowing that I need to clean, sort, sell and pack the belongings of 5 people accumulated over the last 9 years is well, terrifying! So over the next 6 weeks I will be as busy as I can be trying to get as much done as possible. BUT one day I WILL be back and be active and current! LOL

So back we go to the reunion... Donnies' aunt had been watching me do my nails through Facebook and asked me to bring all my nail stuff with me to do her and her granddaughters' nail. I of course agreed and it quickly turned into no just their but anyone who wanted them done. I think I ended up doing almost a dozen sets of nails that day! =D It was a blast. The reunion itself was great with loads of great food and catching up with kin! We left Sunday afternoon, and stopped in mid Tennessee for the night. We made it home on Monday and were very glad for it. Vacations are wonderful but there is nothing like coming HOME! =D

The last few weeks have been filled with cleaning, relaxing, and just spending time together. (there's been a bit of procrastination going on too as I could have {and SHOULD have} been doing more to prepare for moving in less than 3 months, but I am doing some Barbie work and just finished some Chocolate Raspberry Parfaits (I'm not sure if I should have added spoons to these?) ...)
I have made several polymer clay raspberries, and plan on making quite a few more, but they are very tedious and time consuming as each little 'blip' has to be rolled by hand, then all the 'blips' are very very carefully rolled together into a single raspberry! But I like the way they turn out so I don't mind too much. I was searching Flickr the other day for raspberries, and found several desserts that inspired me. After messaging the owners of the photographs and getting their "Ok" I will be recreating several really yummy Raspberry dishes in miniature. I'm super excited as one Flickr-er gave me free reign of her entire photostream! YAY!!! She has some amazingly yummy looking foodie goodies that will be fun to recreate!


I am still working on clothing as well, but havn't 'finished' anything just yet. Well, I'm off for now, but will pop in when I can to update! Hugs to y'all! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D