YEAH!!!!! I finally got some mini's done today! I have been working on some Spring and Easter mini's, I've been procrastinating on them and they'd been giving me trouble...but I finally got them to co-operate with me! So without further ado, my most recent minis!
These are the Easter Baskets that I showed off empty the other day. I have filled them with Chocolate eggs, giant chocolate bunnies, twisty marshmallow sticks and a big pile of jelly beans! Orah has decided that the purple grass one is HERS, she figures it will show up better than one with gold grass! Up next is a close up of my jelly beans...The container they are in is barely an inch around. Each bean is um, well about the size of the head of a straight pin. I used translucent clay colored with alcohol inks. I also used my Sharpie and Bic Mark-it permanent markers to add color to the clay too. BTW Don't try to color on the clay, simply roll the tip of the marker across the clay. I got some really wonderfully strong colors this way! This next picture shows of the little Monster cookies I made! I LOVE these little guys. The bakery at our grocery store makes them in full size. It's a pair of sugar cookie filled with loads of buttercream frosting topped with more frosting for eyes and m&m's or jelly beans for pupils. My boys love them, so I thought 'how fun would it be to make them in mini?!?!?' I think they turned out wonderful.Next up is a pair of teapots I made for a swap. The pink one was painted and the red and white one has slices of canes embedded in it. Both of them have a sparkly coating on them.
I had fun making these little teapots and will most likely be making more. I am thinking about finding some uniquely shaped beads and molding them to make more intersting shaped pots. Next up are some potted daffodils I made. The pots are terra cotta which I bought, but I made the flowers and leaves. I used a cardstock which interstingly when i tried to shape it with my ball stylus, it actually seperated into 2 finer layers. This actually worked to my advantage as the thinner paper was much more to my liking. I formed the cups of the daffs by moistening the paper and then pressing it into a block of florists foam and left it there to dry. The leaves are made from painted florists tape glued over thin wires. I need to try and find a slightly smaller 6 pointed flower or star punch for them to be more 'right', but for now I am quite happy with them. Last but not least, Orah has filled a big bowl with hard candy sticks. There are orange ones, strawberry ones and tropical fruit ones. She has asked me to make her loads more. She has decided to open a candy shop! So know I just need to wait for her to decide whether she want's just a simple little shop or if she wants to go elaborate. (I think I am hoping I can nudge her towards the cozy little shop!)