Friday, June 19, 2009

Fantastic Friday!

Ahh the week is almost done...hooray for the weekend. Sunday is my birthday, I'll be 32, and it's Father's day too. So my sister (who is staying with us for a bit) is gonna take care of our kiddos for the day. Hubby and I decided this afternoon that we are gonna take the day and go hiking! :-) (I'm so taking my camera too! :-D)
Yesterday my oldest helped me move my craft armoires into the dining room. So now all my storage is set up...I just need to work through all the bits and bobs and try and get everything sorted away. My unopened bricks are sorted by color into 4 plastic shoeboxes... I'm trying to figure out how best to store my baggies of pre-conditioned clay...I have loads of it in tons of colors. I don't really want to call it scrap clay as most of it is single colors, I am definitely open to suggestions!
I have 3 large computer armoires available to me...I need to organize my clay, a small amout (well 2 boot boxes) of beads, a stack about 2 inches thick of 12x12 scrpbook paper, and well tons and tons of fabric...(most of that is in 2 large rubbermaid containers which will most likely slide under my work table.

So...how do you all store and organize your craft rooms?

4 comments:

  1. LOL...I'm still trying to figure that out myself, lol!!!

    And I'd love to see the pics you took at Disney!! I'll take all the eye-candy I can get!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe...I am so not an organized person, that organizing is SOOOOOO hard for me. but I know that all the hard work will really be good in the end! Just gotta motivate myself to get in there and Just Do It!!!
    .
    .
    .
    Pics from Disney coming up! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the clear stacking organizer boxes. I stack them on top of each other and tape them side by side so they dont move all over the place. I also use smaller clear boxes on the bookcase shelves. I have all different sizes. They stack on top of each other and I can see what is in them.

    I hope you have a very Happy Birthday tomorrow and that the weather is perfect for your hiking trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh great tips Doreen!!! I have a bunch of them, so I will have to see how they fit together and what I can fit in them!
    Hopefully we are still going, hubby wasn't feeling too well today, but he thinks it was jsut the stress of last week catching up with him. *fingers crossed* Here's hoping. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D