Monday, June 1, 2009

My Mermaid

I have avoided finishing my mermaid for quite some time...I was concerned about painting her face and doing her hair. But yesterday I decided to just sit down and do it! And well here are the results. I am not completely satisfied...but for my first sculpt I am pretty happy with her. I did manage to sculpt her right hand backwards...grrr...I think I am going to make her a 'kelp' blanket, to basically cover up the boo-boo. I need to finish the 'sea garden' I am planning to set her in. So hopefully over the next week or so she will come into completion.


  1. I think you did a great job on painting her face, Deborah. I've made a lot of dolls and that's still the part that's hardest for me.

  2. Thanks De, it's very much the hardest part for me as well...I actually molded her face, but tried to 'customize' her face...I'm not entirely happy with her...but for my first attempt, she is pretty good. :-) I look forward to making another one sometime.


Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D