Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day and Happy Birthday to me!




To celebrate, my birthday and Father's day, my sister kept our boys for the day, and hubby and I took off for a day of hiking and antiquing. We have determined that hiking in GA is best left to either early (EARLY!!!!) morning or Spring and Fall! We did about 4.5 miles in the middle of the afternoon! Thankfully hubby being military was prepared with plenty of water. But that hike nearly kicked my behind! I am sore and tired, but content. After getting back into the (wonderfullly air conditioned) van, we drove off to visit the FDR (Franklin D. Roosevelt) home in Warm Springs GA. That was a neat little museum trip. Then off to do a little antiquing before lunch, and afterwards too. We didn't buy anything, but saw loads and loads of gorgeous antique furniture, that if we had unlimited moneys we would most definitely have brought home!
Came home and soaked in the tub to replenish my skin. I read a little in my current book of choice. Frank Beddor's Seeing Redd It's the second installment of his Looking Glass Wars trilogy. It's a gritty, edgy young-adult retelling of the Alice in Wonderland story...I thoroughly enjoyed it, and so did my then 13yr old son. My hubby is reading the first book right now.
Here are a couple of the few pics I took while on out hike...the view from Pine Mountain, somebody's message (it reads WALK ABOUT) and a neat lizard. (clicking on the pics will enlarge them. :-D )

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great time with your husband. It's nice to have those little get aways, isn't it? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea - glad you had such a productive day :D That book sounds interesting BTW. (need a break from the 'adult' stuff every once in awhile) Hope you aren't sore anymore !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies!
    De, those getaways are indeed wonderful, hubby and I need to take them a little more often! :-)
    Ban, I am an avid reader and will read almost any fiction I can get my hands on...and I have always loved Alice in Wonderland, so this seemed a natural fit to me...I am eagerly anticipating the release of the 3rd book in October. And no not sore any more but now i have a sore throat! grrrr....argh!!!
    Katie, it sure was!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D