Wednesday, August 5, 2009

WIP...Backdrop Painting


I think I mentioned that the dragon I posted a few days ago is for a gift. Well other portion of that gift is a painted 'coin' In the Army, commanders create coins (about the size of a 50 cent piece or so) with a design unique to them. They then give them to soldiers to express their appreciation for going above and beyond the call of duty. Kafa is a gift from hubby and I to his out going commander. The dragon is based off out the unit patch, and the backdrop I am painting is an enlarged version of the commanders coin. The upper full color pic is an enlargement of the actual coin, the lower piece is my version. There is a design on the reverse side that will get painted, then it will get bordered by thin balsa strips painted silver. The balsa will extend over them sides so that I can pour resin over each side to seal, protect and make it look not 'coin-like'. I have a ways to go, but I hope to get it to the point of resin by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D