Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blah!!!


Hey y'all! I have and haven't been around much here lately...I read all of your posts but just can 't see to get up the energy to post my own. Mother Nature has been having a field day with me lately...she seems to think that I need her to not just visit but STAY!!! ARGH!!!! Finally got in to see a Dr about trying to get her to go away *she's been here for 4 weeks now.) They are rather baffled and I am having a bunch of tests done. Good news is I'm not pregnant, I'm not anemic and I don't have any thyroid issues. Bad news is they are still confused!
BUT....this has been really affecting my motivation, which is bad as I have about a bazillion things that I should be doing as well as things I want to do...I just can't get up the motivation to do them! :-( Hopefully things will change for the better soon.

As far as my claying and mni-ing...well there hasn't been too much going on...although I did make a mold to make chocolate truffles...and have made both white and milk chocolates. I have my dark chocolate all mixed up and ready to go too. I am about a 1/3 of the way done with painting the 2nd green, pink and white chair...I have decided that after I finish the green they WILL be getting a darker pink...this one is just too pale.

I got inspired today and have a rather ambitious (atleast for me) project planned for a swap in one of my yahoo groups. There are only 3 of use...so I should be okay...but if they turn out looking good I hope to make a few to put into my etsy shop.

I also bought a huge box of pre-made canes from a gal in another group...there are flowers and gorgeous kaleidoscope canes galore! I would like to try making some wall art or possible small table tops from them. I'd like to try dishes too, but I have to ponder the best way to do that first.

I also worked up a little tutorial on making hard candies...once I get it uploaded to my flickr I'll share that too!

OOOOH got a question for you gals...our PX (post exchange) had these Melissa and Doug dining room accessory packs...they say they are 1:12th scale, although to me some bits seem a bit too big. BUT it was $17....I bought one...do you think it was worth it?

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!! Four weeks is way too long- I would be away from my computer and lacking motivation too! Good that you are not anemic though- I hope they figure out what is going on soon! I can't wait to see what you do with the canes. I have been thinking of playing some more with the polymer clay too- I am so intimidated by it, but I have come to realize I need to think of it as practice and play--I get frustrated when my clay doesn't match the image I had in my head :) I have no idea if the set is worth $17.00- but it sure is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. drink up you orange juice girl! (my mom always told me that when mother nature came to visit)

    can't wait to see what you're cooking up and yes, I'd say those minis were worth $17. not sure of the scale issue but they're pretty darn cute !!! I'm sure you can find a use for them :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for your concern. I started my meds today and it seems the Provera they gave me to try and control mother nature is making me a raging b*&^ch. I don't like it at all!
    OJ huh, Ban...must go poor me a glass. I am thinking about making a trip to the library tomorrow as I am out of new books.
    Thanks to both of you for your opinions on my new dining room accessories...I am thinking about trying to carefully pry off the food that came with it and remake the pieces in a more realistic fashion. (So I guess at that rate it probably wasn't worth the $17 but the dishes and such are nice! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D