Monday, January 11, 2010

Book 3 of 2010


I finished this one last night. Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh. I didn't know it at the time, but this is part of a larger series. There are several other books in her Psy-Changelingseries. Basic run down...very very basic as I have not read any of the others YET! The Psy's are well people with psychic abilities. Although I think they are actually a seperate race from the humans, but human-like. Anyways...the Psy's have split into to factions, the Silenced (those and their descendants,who had their emotions shut-down to allow better control over their actions) and the Forgotten. (those and their descendants who chose not to be Silenced)
OK wow I just realized how difficult this concept is to explain. But Blaze of Memory revolves around Dev who is essentially the leader of the Forgotten, and Katya...who well starts the book out with a serious case of amnesia. The two must journey together to find out who caused Katya's amnesia and why. Along the way despite their differences they fall in love, and that in itself opens a whole nother can of worms.
Nalini is a wonderful author and I look forward to getting the rest of her Psy-Changeling series as well as books in her other series as well!

Now on to another question i thought of the other day...There are several books that I want to read, that are available on audiobook...do you think it would be 'cheating' if I listen to them instead of reading them. I can listen and work on other things. hmmmm I have no idea if I should count them or not. Is a book still a book regardless of whether you read it or listen to it? Any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. this book sounds good too- we must have very similar reading taste! I think if the audiobook is the entire book, but just read by someone else, of course it counts! I love to listen to audiobooks- I wish my library carried more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was good...it made me chuckle, it made me cry...it made me want to read ALL the rest of them! LOL
    As for the audiobooks that was kind of my thought too. I wouldn't consider listening to a condensed version...to me that's just wrong! LOL A book should be enjoyed in its entirety. Off to go check out Audible.com (they have awesome audiobooks. =D) I am thinking I might try to make it over to the library on Thursday while I'm out running errands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of Nalini before and Jen's read her over on her blog but I haven't picked her up myself. I've got a TBR pile that hasn't gone down in over a year ... it keeps getting BIGGER!!!
    speaking of size - I've noticed your fascination with miniatures ... have I got one for you. (not as small as yours but keep an eye out. I'm working on my first blog entry since NOV!!! yes, the Holidays wreak havoc on my schedule) nice to be back though - missed everyone :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hey there girl!!! Long time! =D
    I know what you mean about the TBR pile...everytime I read one book I discover about 20 others I want to read! LOL
    Yep my pieces have definitely gotten smaller and smaller. I can't wait to see what you've been working on.
    The holidays are wonderful, but yes they do indeed cramp our creative style! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D