Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Partridge in a Pear Tree






Um yeah so this should have been posted before Christmas, but yeah well I forgot to take pictures of it. I am not completely happy with it, as some of the branches are not as sturdy as I'd like them, and I think it could use more leaves. BUT that being said I love the concept and plan on fixing it to have available for next year.The tree itself was made from floral tape covered wires, that were then painted. Each leaf was hand shaped, textured and colored with various metallic pearl pigments. The 'Partridge' was based off of one of Christi Friesens L'il Blob Birds. The pears were made using a video tutorial by Cindy Lietz I think they look fantastic. Cindy's website is fantastic. Not only does she showcase tons of polymer clay techniques she posts color recipes using the various brands of clay. (many of her color scheme's are based off the amazing photographs that her husband takes!) If you aren't already familiar wth Cindy I highly recommend her! =D
As a matter of fact I enjoyed her pear video so much, I used her technique to make the tiny pears in the bowl that Orah is showing off. I told her that her pears still need a shine on them. Orah says they look frost-kissed! lol She wanted to bake a candied lemon cake yesterday and demanded an apron to keep her pretty dress clean. So I made her one...I mean what else was I supposed to do? lol The side table her bounty is sitting on is a part of the set that I am working on. This piece and the matching table are Hepplewhites from House of Miniatures. There is also a hutch from Michael's and a pair of chairs that will match. Oh yeah and one of my little soda bottle cap footstools too!Hopefully I will have pictures of the entire set finished tomorrow! =D

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Partridge in the pear tree- the leaves are gorgeous! Orah's cake and pears look pretty tasty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute...I'll go check out that website now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I had fun with everything, looking forward to making my tree better though. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making some projects using apoxie sculpt and it is so strong and sturdy that it would make a great tree. I could give you more info if you want. It looks just great though!! And the pears are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I propose your blog by Berluce. She make a best of polymer blogs. So a great idea. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I forget the link to find Berluce (http://www.berluce.fr)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea Deborah! I just love your pear tree. The pears are perfect. The leaves are rich and shimmery. And the partridge is just wonderful. You are a clever girl!

    I would love to wish you a belated Merry Christmas and a super Happy New Year!

    (Thank you for the mention of my blog and tutorials. I am so pleased you are getting so much enjoyment out of them!) ~Cindy Lietz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dolores, I'd LOVE to know more about the Apoxie Sculpt!!!
    Ptitbrico, thank you very much! =D
    Cindy THANK YOU for the great pear video! I was more than happy to link back to your blog and site. It's fantastic, and hopefully others will find you as wonderful as I have!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D