Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hello Kitty Commission nearly complete

Yesterday and today I worked on 2 of the last 3 components for the Hello Kitty commission.  The white tee, and cat eared hoodie.

I started with the t-shirt... I've made them several times before so I wasn't too worried about the actual construction.  The part I was concerned about was the image transfer.  I knew from past experience that the method I use can be somewhat finicky, so I asked my friend to choose at least 3 images that way I could start with her 'least' favorite and work up to the one she liked best.  Theoretically, by the time I started on the one she liked best, I'd have the technique down perfect.  Well wouldn't you know, the first 2 transferred perfectly and the third one (the fave) rolled up on itself, making it completely unusable!!!  Dang nabbit!!
Thankfully my friend is a doll and said that since the above image was her number 2 choice it would work just fine, rather than me trying to track down another image!

This morning I got up bright and early and started working on the kitty eared hoodie.  I've never made anything like this before, so I was a bit concerned. But aside from a couple small hiccups (um I sewed the hood together inside out! LOL) this pieces actually went together pretty fast.  I honestly didn't even follow the written instructions that came with the pattern. The main body is essentially the same pattern I use for my t-shirts just in reverse.  I lined the hood and inner ears with the same material I used for the socks I made so the whole thing coordinates.  I purchased a thin weight sweatshirt to use and decided to cut off the cuffs from the full sized sweatshirt to make the cuffs for this one. AND I totally LOVE the way it came out.

Lena loves it too, and has already demanded I make one for her (minus the ears though. ;-) lol).  Thankfully I have more than enough material to make her one too... I think hers will have a rich purple lining though.  This one is just waiting on the zipper that is in the mail to arrive and it will be completely finished!


Just a quick peek at the hood when it's down.  This sweatshirt is SO fluffy!!!!  I think I'm going to need to go out and buy a rainbow of sweatshirts to make a bunch of hoodies! =D





A quick shot of Lena in the hoodie.  I love the way this pic came out!  I adore my gorgeous girl!

4 comments:

  1. Cute stuff! I love it!!

    Do you like the decal stuff you use for shirts? I always have a problem with it stretching badly... but I think I just got cheapo cruddy paper stuff... I've seen people use plastic stuff that works so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather I LOVE the decals that I use for my t-shirts! I actually don't use transfer paper though. Part of me wants to keep my technique a secret as to my knowledge I've never seen anyone else do it... but maybe I'll do a little tutorial sometime soon! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Roville! I LOVE the way the hoodie turned out and can't wait to make more!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D