Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Artist of the Week!!!

Eeeek, my apologies to my Artist of the Week...once again real life stepped in and delayed my posting this!



Meet the amazing artist behind Dunk Designs!

1. What brought you into your chosen craft or art?
I have always been interested in art. It was a natural talent at first, and simply a fun hobby. Then after much encouragement from family and friends I decided to cultivate it more, and applied to college to be a studio art major. I studied art history and studio art, until I later decided graphic design was a more sure bet and switched majors, but I never lost my love of drawing and art.

2. Do you have a favorite piece that you have created?
When my daughter was 4 months old, my husband, a soldier, was sent to Korea for a year long tour. The week of my daughter's first birthday, we arranged for him to come home on mid-tour leave. It was during this week that I created my favorite painting of my daughter in her footie PJs snuggling her daddy.

3. What would you tell someone who would like to venture into creating?
If you love what you do, there is no wrong way to do it. Have fun creating!

I hope you will take a few minutes to go visit her shop or check out her blog!

Again my apologies for this feature coming so late!
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D