Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Goodies!



This is Flora...she is a Flower Fairy. Christi Friesen had a tutorial in the Summer 2009 issue of Bead Unique magazine. I just adore the way she turned out. There will most definitely be more flower fairies in my future. (say that 3 times fast! LOL)

Next was a sweet Sunny Daisy in a terra cotta pot. (and I guess technically this came before the flower fairy, but who's counting!) Sunny is about 6 inches tall and is nice and bright and cheerful.
I have some smaller flower pots and I think I will make some smaller daisies to go in them. Maybe even try some other flowers too. My oldest thought she looked like one of the flowers from Alice in Wonderland. So I will probably do some research and see what I can find. I think they'd make great gifts for someone with a black thumb. :-)

Lastly are my fireflies...I have had this idea for ages and just now finally got around to getting it started. Mainly cause I couldn't sleep last night and ended up still awake at 6am this morning! Urgh. So anyways, back to my fireflies...I made glow-in-the-dark fireflies!!! They will be hung on monofilament wire from the lid of a jar. That way they will look just like a jar of freshly caught fireflies. (and the cool thing is you don't have to let them go and they won't be dead in the morning either! I am very excited about this project!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Fireflys - great idea.
    Enjoying following your blog - don't know how you find the time to blog so often but keep doing it!
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mags...I actually enjoy blogging, so I try to update as often I can. Or atleast rememeber too! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D