Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Almost done with my Top


And have discovered that I need to add an inch of so to the back pieces...urgh big boobs stink! LOL I tried the top on after stitching the front and back together, and I can get it on, if I let's say manually adjust the girls. But unfortunatley this dress will have sleeves and once the sleeves go on that won't be a viable option...sooo I am going to add and inch or 2 for comfort, plus add a zipper as well...thank goodness I had the fore-thought to buy one when I bought the fabric. This also means I will have to adjust the way I sew it together, but thank goodness I decided to make the mock-up before cutting the dress fabric!!! So now I will go ahead and add the sleeves to the mock-up and will have to pick up a zipper for it later on. Cause wouldn't you know I don't have one to match that fabric! LOL But atleast I know what I need to do to make it fit correctly!!!

Ok well I'm gonna take a little break before finishing my top.
Oh and the pic...I took it on vacation...not sure what it is about it, but I just loved the way the fountain looked!

3 comments:

  1. hee hee - i wouldn't know ... nursing two babies deprived me of that dilemma :) can't wait to see the finished product !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in to see how the dress is coming along. I used to sew for my Mother who had big 'girls'. I used to have to do all those add ins for her also. Fortunately, I do NOT have that problem! Bet the dress will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, I tell you there are many a day that I wish I didn't have the 'girls' LOL Nothing new to post yet. Thanks for wanting to keep up with my adventure. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D