Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Terrific Tuesday!

Ok so this morning started out horribly last night...I know sounds confusing but hey, if you read my Troubling Tuesday post earlier this morning you know what I'm talking about! LOL
So any ways, I headed out this morning to go on what I thought was going to be a terrible adventure. The first shop I stopped at had a pretty full length black gown. It was within my price range, but not to showy. I was hoping for something with just a bit more uuuumph to it. So asked them to hold it for me. (oh crap gotta call and let them know to put it back into stock! eeek)
Went from there to the Mall. Started out at Macy's...nothin', zip, zilch, zero...that is unless I could shave off about 200 pounds! LOL So on to Dillard's. I quickly found 4 dresses within my size and price range, that DIDN'T look like Mother-of-the-Bride outfits. (not that those are bad, but I'm only 32, and I'm chunky but would still like to look sexy!)
The picture here is the 1st one I tried on, and it was taken with my cell phone so it does not do it any justice at all!!! It fit, and fit good too. So I sent a pic to my hubby at work...and this was his reply "WOW!!!!!!" So just to give the others their fair shake I tried them too...none of them fit as well as this one. So for just $150 I snapped it up right quick! I have silver pumps, found a cute little silver wristlet, and even snuck in a mani & pedi too! Now I just need to decide how I'm gonna wear my hair and make some jewelry and I'm all set!
So I just wanted to tell everyone and anyone who'd been thinking about me while I was shopping...THANK YOU!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. it's very elegant - good for you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hun! I was so happy to find it! I will share better pics on Saturday after the Ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. You are going to turn some heads with that dress. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't get on your blog this morning. I'm sorry your day started out so horribly but I'm glad you found such sexy and pretty gown.Have a wonderful time at the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to everyone for commenting! I am just thrilled with this dress! Sorry about the trouble with the blog this morning De, I had trouble getting on myself...hopefully it works better now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful dress! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Karen! I went out today and bought matching Swarovski crystals for my jewelry. That'll be my project for tonight. Then tomorrow it's playing with my hair to figure out how I'm gonna wear it. But other than that I am ready to go! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D