Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Artist of the Week!!!


Hey guess what...Today didn't turn out so bad! (more details to come!)
So without further ado....please meet Sandy the talented Artist behind Cape Cod Consignments on etsy. Sandy is a wonderful crocheter...(hmmm Sandy, is that the right term! :-D) And not only does she make some of the cutest items ever, she even sells the patterns so you can create your own adorable items!


1. What brought you into your chosen craft or art?
I was sick in bed and my sister came home from home ec and she taught me what she had learned in school. I immediately fell in love with the whole process and that was over 35 years ago...it just felt right in my hands.

2. Do you have a favorite piece that you have created?
Everytime I create a new piece, then that one is my favorite, until the next one comes along.

3. What would you tell someone who would like to venture into creating?
I have always said, go with your passion...if you love animals then create something with animals in mind...don't try to do something that someone else is doing, but because you admire their creations...do what you love the most.
Creating is one of the most uplifting things that we can do.


Well said Sandy! I hope you will take some time to go visit Sandy over in Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D