Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ARTIST of the WEEK!!!!


Hi everyone! Over the weekend I decided I wanted to showcase some of the amazing artists and crafts people out there. So I sent out some feelers...and let me tell you, I already have artists lined up to feature all the way into JUNE!!! So I hope you will enjoy reading about these fantastic artists, and I hope you will visit their shops and websites.

So with out further ado...

Artist of the Week is Stacy of Curly-Girl Bow-tique
I asked Stacy to answer a few questions about her and her art. I hope you'll enjoy reading about her. And be sure to visit her shop to see more of her adorable goodies.

1. What brought you into your chosen craft or art? Well, it all started when I was trying to find cute and affordable hair accessories for my daughter Avery. She was only a few months old at the time and everything was so expensive and not what I was looking for. I ordered a few headbands online but they were a fortune. Once I took a good look a them I realized "I could so do that," and I started making korkers ( btw I asked Stacy, korkers are the curly ribbon bows :-) ) myself. All of the sudden people were stopping me when we were out, asking where I got her hair accessories. Once I realized there was a market for girly stuff, it just all blossomed from there! Which is when I came up with the idea of Curly-Girl Bow-Tique!
2. Do you have a favorite piece that you have created? Right now I am very into the bottle cap jewelry. It seems to be very popular for all ages and it is a lot of fun to make.
3. What would you tell someone who would like to venture into creating? Go for it! For me it is so theraputic. I do a lot of my work once my 2 kids are in bed. The house is quiet and it is my time to be creative. I also have several friends on the many sites I belong too, which gives me the opportunity to network.

Thanks Stacy, Enjoy being Artist of the Week! Be sure to stop by Curly-Girl Bow-tique on etsy!
Deborah
PS Check in next Tuesday for my next Artist of the Week. Interested in being an Artist of the Week...send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D